The yipitty yikes yipitty yikes of life


Isn't it amazing how many times a day we swing from the yipee branch to the yikes one on the tree of life? More so when you are a parent - it's an emotional, sometimes hormonal, rollercoaster and they say it is entirely normal............ alright then!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

An overflow of fut-thoughts

It's been a hormonal, lack-of-patience, tiring weekend for me even though we had a lot of fun moments too. One of the bonuses is the excellent weather - mild seventeen degree warmth. Bobby and Kee are at the park while I sit on our doorstep relaxing in the warm evening sunshine.

At times like this, when hormones are running helter-skelter (thank God such days are rare or I'd be a basket-case!!), even the Doman way cannot give me the answer of how to remain calm and see things through Kee's eyes instead of my own. This is when I need something deeper to take over from within myself, when I simply want time to stand still so I can turn my focus inwards.

Well, time ain't gonna wait and suddenly, as I write, I realise the answer is right here. When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do is put pen on paper and by the time I have filled a page or two, life is looking up once more and I am well on my way back to being bubbly and happy.

Writing does for me what singing or dancing does for many others. It calms my soul. And it always always works like a magic formula. My writing ability comes directly from my feelings, hence sporadic blogging works well for me.

I have to wonder, though, can I discipline myself to write more often and on any subject simply by researching the topic? Or is it better for me to simply carry on as is - writing when feelings and thoughts overwhelm me and have to flow outwards?

The answer is straight-forward. For the present moment, while I am enjoying being a full-time professional mother, busy prepaing materials and teaching Kee, I'll stick to using writing as my spirit-therapy and to share that which will not be contained within. As to the future, who knows what surprises are waiting right around the corner.

Time to get back to making bits of intelligence and reading cards - learning, teaching and having lots of fun. Catch you the next time I feel compelled to share. Au revoir mon ami.

No comments: